- Description: A library of high-performance linear algebra routines for parallel distributed memory machines. ScaLAPACK solves dense and banded linear systems, least squares problems, eigenvalue problems, and singular value problems.
- Version: 2.0.2
- Module: scalapack/2.0.2 and scalapack/intel/intelmpi/2.0.2
- Licence: modified BSD license
[username@login01 ~]$ module add scalapack/2.0.2
[username@login01 ~]$ module add scalapack/intel/intelmpi/2.0.2
The ScaLAPACK (or Scalable LAPACK) library includes a subset of LAPACK routines redesigned for distributed memory MIMD parallel computers. It is currently written in a Single-Program-Multiple-Data style using explicit message passing for interprocessor communication. It assumes matrices are laid out in a two-dimensional block cyclic decomposition.
- ScaLAPACK is designed for heterogeneous computing and is portable on any computer that supports MPI.
- ScaLAPACK depends on PBLAS operations in the same way LAPACK depends on BLAS.