- Description: RStudio is a free and open-source integrated development environment for R, a programming language for statistical computing and graphics.
- Version: 3.0.1
- Modules: rstudio/3.0.1 relies on R/3.4.1 and QT
- Licence: Free, open-source
R is a language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. It is a GNU project which is similar to the S language and environment which was developed at Bell Laboratories (formerly AT&T, now Lucent Technologies) by John Chambers and colleagues. R can be considered as a different implementation of S. There are some important differences, but much code written for S runs unaltered under R.
R provides a wide variety of statistical (linear and nonlinear modelling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, clustering, …) and graphical techniques, and is highly extensible. The S language is often the vehicle of choice for research in statistical methodology, and R provides an Open Source route to participation in that activity.
- If you just wish to use R on the command line and for batch processing use the R module.
- If you wish to learn more about the R language.
Since this is an IDE for R it can only be used as an interactive session.
[pysdlb@login] $ interactive salloc: Granted job allocation 933039 [pysdlb@login01 ~]$ module load rstudio/3.0.1 [pysdlb@login01 ~]$ rstudio libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
- RStudio allows parallel processing and on an exclusive interactive session Viper gives 28 processing cores
RStudio in an interactive session and running a R program may give the error:
Warning message: Character set is not UTF-8; please change your locale
Although this error won't affect R you can silence this by typing the following on the console window within RStudio: